September 29, 2023

Tragic Electrocution Incident Claims Young Man’s Life at Delhi Gym

In a heart-wrenching incident, a 24-year-old man from Delhi lost his life due to electrocution while using a treadmill at a gym in the Rohini neighborhood. The victim, identified as Saksham Pruthi, a resident of Rohini Sector 19, was a regular visitor to the Gymplex Fitness Zone in Sector 15. His untimely demise has left his family and the community in shock.

According to sources, the unfortunate incident occurred when Saksham was using a treadmill at the gym. Witnesses reported that he suddenly passed out during his workout session. Gym staff and fellow gym-goers promptly rushed to his aid and immediately contacted emergency medical services. Saksham was quickly transported to Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital in Rohini Sector 6 for medical attention.

Tragically, despite the efforts of medical professionals, Saksham could not be revived, and he was declared dead at the hospital. An autopsy conducted by medical authorities subsequently confirmed that the cause of his death was indeed electrocution.

The Delhi Police took swift action following the incident, and the gym manager, Anubhav Duggal, was detained for questioning. Authorities have filed a charge against him under IPC Section 287, which pertains to negligent conduct with regard to machinery and culpable homicide not amounting to murder. Police have also indicated that they will investigate the gym’s owners and management in connection with the incident.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) Guriqbal Singh Sidhu expressed the gravity of the situation, stating, “Based on the medico-legal case and post-mortem report, we have registered a case against the gym owners and the management.”

This unfortunate incident has raised concerns about safety measures and equipment maintenance at fitness centers. Authorities are urging gym owners and managers to ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and regular inspections of workout equipment to prevent such tragic accidents from occurring.

In a similar gym-related tragedy earlier this year in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, a 55-year-old restauranteur, Pradeep Raghuvanshi, lost his life due to a heart attack after completing a workout session. Pradeep had a history of heart issues, having undergone a stent insertion procedure 15 years prior to the incident.

These incidents serve as a solemn reminder of the need for vigilance and caution while engaging in physical activities, particularly at fitness centers where proper maintenance and safety protocols are paramount. The loss of young Saksham Pruthi has deeply affected the community, and his family is left grieving the untimely departure of their loved one, emphasizing the importance of ensuring safety measures to safeguard gym-goers’ lives.